Keywords: egg tray, corrugated cardboard, one-page molding, radial hole
1) Egg tray material
Currently, egg packaging on the market is basically pulp molded egg trays and transparent plastic boxes. The corrugated paperboard used in this program has high strength, toughness, and is not easily broken, and can play a good role in protection. At the same time, it has the advantages of lightweight, vibration reduction, good cushioning, low cost, good printing effect, environmental protection, and ease of production and manufacturing. With high strength, toughness, not easily broken, can play a good protection. At the same time, it has the advantages of lightweight, vibration reduction, good cushioning, low cost, good printing effect, environmental protection, and ease of production and manufacturing.
2) Egg Tray Structural Design
2.1 Egg tray overall structure design
Option one: Use a single-layer paperboard, place eggs in the form of holes, and stack them in a single layer.
(1) Saving material
(2) Single-wall corrugated board is easy to fold and easy to transport and use.
(l) It is not easy to achieve a good fit between layers, and dislocations will occur. This will cause hidden dangers.
(2) When transporting containers in more layers, the paperboard needs to bear a great deal of pressure and it needs more cardboard.
(3) The unit is too large to be used for small sales packages such as daily purchases.
Option 2: Use single-wall corrugated cardboard, two layers of package design, open holes on both sides to achieve two fixed eggs, several for a unit (some series can be designed as needed)
(1) The installation unit can design a series to meet different purchase groups.
(2) Both sides have corrugated wraps for better cushioning and the eggs will be safer. It is also safe when subjected to vibrations and squeezing in different directions.
(3) Single-wall corrugated board is easy to fold and easy to transport and use.
2.2 Design of egg tray hole
The cross-section of an egg is almost circular, so if you want to fix the egg, you must use a round hole. In addition, corrugated cardboard itself has a certain buffering performance, but for fragile eggs, it is still not enough, to determine the indentation outside the hole there are indentation, indentation and cut between the hole, with a radial cut connection, The formation of radial flaps, cardboard has a good cushioning effect, the eggs are safe.
3) Egg tray parameter selection
3.1. Hole structure
After comparative experiments and design, the structure of the hole was determined to be a combination of an indentation and a cut mark. Taking into account the shape of the egg, the cut hole can be positioned in a circle. The shape of the indentation has two options: round and regular polygon.
After a comparative test, the outer indentation was chosen as a regular polygon. We chose a regular octagon. The cuts and indentations are connected by radiation cuts so that the holes can both determine the position of the eggs and have a certain cushioning performance, which meets the need for protecting eggs.
3 . 2 hole size
Size design conditions:
(1) The aperture should not be too large to prevent the eggs from falling out; the aperture must not be too small, otherwise， the eggs will not be placed properly. Therefore, to discuss the size of the hole, the size of the egg should be firstly counted;
(2) The lower hole is mainly used for carrying, and the requirements for design condition (1) are more significant. Therefore, the width of the radioactive paper flap (the radius of the inner hole of the outer hole radius) should be slightly smaller;
(3) The upper hole is only used for covering eggs, so the upper inner aperture can be slightly smaller than the lower inner aperture: in order to make the upper cover the eggs when the eggs are in various states, the upper hole diameter can be slightly larger, That is, the width of the lower flap can be slightly larger.
Egg size statistics: Different regions and different feeding methods have a great impact on egg size. When we make the following statistics, the default is that the eggs have been selected (or the eggs are from the same chicken farm and the same feeding method is used). .
Sample size: 50
Sample source: data collection of the same basket of eggs from the same supermarket at the same time: A slot is placed on the honeycomb paper with surface-mounted coordinate paper for placing eggs, and then photographed for measurement and calculation.